Skip to content
“ANY MEMBER MUST BRING TO THE ATTENTION OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS COMMITTEE ANY VIOLATION OF THE RULES BY ANY MEMBER OF THE ASSOCIATION. UPON INVESTIGATION BY THE RULES AND REGULATIONS COMMITTEE, THEIR FINDINGS WILL BE PRESENTED AS A RECOMMENDATION TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, WHO WILL HANDLE SUCH INFRACTIONS AS THEY DEEM FIT.”
- All participants must be members in good standing of AMWAA.
- Any line deemed not cleared by AMWAA cannot be exhibited at TRENDS Apparel.
- No manufacturer, importer, sales manager, brand manager, marketing manager, sales agents from outside of Western Canada, distributor or member of managerial staff of a manufacturer will be permitted to attend or participate in a Market. Sales representatives from another Western territory assisting in the booth of a current member will be permitted to participate only as a FULL Member.
- All Market membership dues or fees as well as any other outstanding obligations, such as fines, must be paid in full prior to participation in each Market.
- Any lines that are being shown at a sanctioned Market cannot be shown at the same time at any competing Market.
- All exhibitors must attend for the entire duration the Markets scheduled by AMWAA, and not send substitutes unless approved by the Board of Directors. Late arrival or early departure will not be tolerated.
The fine for packing and/or leaving early is $1000.00; second offense is expulsion from the show.
- All fines and additional fees must be paid within 30 days of receipt of notification they are due. Any appeal of fines, fees, etc. must be received, in writing, within 30 days of the member’s notification. All fines and additional fees must be paid in advance of the hearing of the appeal.
- Exhibitors must use the booth signs furnished by AMWAA. Other signs, posters, banners, samples, or any other type of advertising inside the booth space is allowed. The sign is the property of AMWAA. Booth space is inclusive of the 10’ height restrictions. Non-members names cannot be displayed.
- Exhibitors are responsible for the loss of or damage to show space property.
- Exhibitors and staff are not permitted to solicit buyers outside of their booth. Any violations will be fined at the discretion of the board.
- Exhibitors shall refrain from serving alcoholic beverages or banned substances at any time during Market business hours.
- Exhibitors and staff must wear official identification badges at all times during the Market.
- With respect to all press inquiries, Market executives will be the sole official spokespersons for the Markets.
- No exhibitors shall be permitted to hold mass entertainment events during the Market.
- Gambling of any kind is strictly forbidden during Market hours.
- Exhibitors are fully responsible for all items brought to the Market. AMWAA bears no responsibility for any missing articles.
- Exhibitor’s displays, tables, chairs, etc. must remain within the confines of the booth(s).
- No packing is permitted until the official closing time of a Market.
- Members agree not to solicit lines represented by other AMWAA Members.
- All Members must attend the Annual General Meeting held during the September market.
- No dogs other than medically required service dogs will be permitted on the show floor.
- No exhibitors will sell CASH & CARRY at the TRENDS Apparel show.
- The Board of Directors shall have full power to interpret and/or amend these rules and to make any additional rules and regulations which, in its discretion, shall be in the best interest of the Market.
- Extra Agent/Helper definition- will be allowed except as defined in Rule 3.
- Violation of any of the rules above may result in fines, suspension or expulsion at the discretion of the Board.